Friday 29 January 2010

31: Salmon and dill fishcakes, p161

Yummy yummy yum yum... Scrummy little fishcakes, Nigel IS the king of such creations. I've never made fishcakes before, but I know that they tend to contain potato... but these don't, just egg white, mustard, dill, lemon, bit of flour, and a lot of salmon. When I scrunched them into little cakes to fry, they seemed very wet, possibly because the salmon came out of the freezer rather being fresh, so I thought they might fall apart and be a bit of a disaster, but they didn't, and they made lovely little cakes, golden brown on each side.

Served with new potatoes and steamed sugar snap peas, it's definitely worth making the very simple sauce to go with the fishcakes - I used some homemade yoghurt, mixed up with a good teaspoonful of grain mustard, but forgot to add any dill - oh well, the fishcakes were very dill-y!

No comments: