Wednesday 9 June 2010

90: Broad beans in their pods with dill and yoghurt, p191

Again, not too bad at all... I think I put too much water in, missed the '250ml water' in the ingredients, and boiled the beans in more than that and had to pour quite a lot out near the end, oops. Was very dill-y, a bit too much for me - a little is good, but it's a very strong, overpowering herb and without any other strong flavours to go with it, rather overdominated...

I did all of these last three recipes in one evening, making c.1/4-1/3 of each recipe, which was enough for a little bowl of each, and a dinner for me  - T was out again this evening, but on his return tried the tomatoes (which he quite liked), and the orecchiette (which he thought was odd), but turned his nose up completely at these yoghurty beans :)

No comments: