Wednesday 2 June 2010

79: Lamb chops with oregano and tsatziki, p255

More nice fresh, summery flavours again tonight - not exactly complementing the grey storm clouds and drizzle that's accompanied the rest of the day, but we can try to pretend it's summer. Sitting inside in jumpers.

A simple tsatziki recipe - T surprised me with a revelation when I served this, saying 'I really do like tsatziki'. Which I immediately took as being sarcastic. Bizarre. Turns out he was being serious. Yoghurt? My husband likes a dish made mostly of yoghurt? Wonders may never cease.

The tsatziki of revelation was served with the very simply griddle pan fried lamb steaks, which were quite thick and the packet said '8-12mins', turns out 8mins is more than enough, and pinkness just about lost :( but the fat did go deliciously sticky and crispy. Served with steamed green beans and new potatoes. And a glass of white wine. It IS summer!

No comments: