Monday 22 February 2010

40: Grilled chicken with harissa and mint, p203, and 41: A tomato curry, p292

Had two friends round for dinner on Friday night and even though one brought the starter and the other brought the pudding, I managed to get two recipes in. Think they were initially a bit bemused about the challenge but they liked the idea, and the food was definitely a success. The chicken was very simple - I'd normally marinate the chicken overnight but the recipe said just to roll the boned chicken legs in it before grilling. Yum yum yum. Very simple, but good grub - especially with the simple salad suggested in the book - spinach dressed with toasted pine nuts, lime juice and oil, and the tomato curry on the side. The tomato curry was easy too, and tasty, although it came out a bit more liquid than I expected. If I'd had a bit longer, and I wasn't following the recipe to the letter, I'd probably have reduced it down a bit. I like the idea of adding the fresh tomatoes whole and letting them cook and collapse down by themselves, saves some chopping! Served with some homemade naan breads (not a Nigel recipe, but out of the book for my breadmaker) - another new recipe, and soo easy, and really scrummy. Nearly forgot to take a photo - hence the 'half-devoured' pictures below...

No comments: