Sunday 14 November 2010

162: A lime tart, p32

Lots of limes! Lots of eggs! Lots of cream! And lots of sugar! Blimey... another low-cal pudding from Nige :)
I didn't even try to make the pastry. I feel no shame... However, I did miss the clues in the recipe, specifying that the pie tin should have 3.5cm high sides, so that even using my big pie tin and a large sheet of pastry the lime mixture was enough to have filled two pie tins. Which I don't have. So I baked the rest in small bowls to eat as little puddings, which seems to have worked :)

The tart was scrummy, although it looked worryingly like a cheese and chive quiche on serving - T prodded it suspiciously, thinking I was trying to con him into eating something from the banned list...  A custardy texture, with lots of zesty bits, but I have to say, I prefer my own lemon tart which is much simpler (2 lemons, 2 eggs, 150ml cream, 150g sugar), fits in one regular pastry case, and has a smooth, crisp filling. No bad at all, just not as good as mine :)

No comments: