Sunday 19 September 2010

137: Roast leg of pork with onion and Marsala gravy, p383

A friend was round for dinner last night and so I decided I really needed to get a few more recipes under my belt... so a roast dinner it was! Christmas recipes in Nigel's book, but hey ho - it's turning wintery!! Had to pop into the supermarket on my way home to grab a leg of pork - and only boneless available, so I decided since it was a short-notice dinner, boneless it would have to be - inspite of the recipe specifying a leg of pork on the bone. Tough. Sorry :) Delicious crispy skin, but the meat took a bit longer than I thought it would to cook though (pink pork = bad...). The gravy was amazing. Yum yum yum. Onions softened, with a little flour cooked up with them, and then stock and Marsala added. Delicious. Om nom nom.

No comments: