Sunday 5 September 2010

131: Melon sorbet, p233

A confession. I made this over a month ago... just hadn't summoned up the desire to serve it. I don't like melon :( It's a secret shame, everyone always seems to rave about melon, but I find it quite a sickly overpowering soapy flavour. And don't like it on it's own. Mixed with other flavours, like in this salad, it's okay, but not on it's own.

Anyway, this had been lurking in the freezer... partly because it took ages to set, and then set like concrete... The texture is more like a granita than a sorbet - I stirred it a lot whilst freezing it (partly because it took so long to freeze - everytime I checked over the course of a day it hadn't frozen and I stirred it again) so I'm not sure why. I should dig out our icecream maker, there are lots of icecream recipes still to go in the book. It's just a pain finding enough room in the freezer to freeze the bowl of the icecream maker for +24hrs, and whenever I've tried using it, it's not frozen properly and has made a complete mess. Ho hum. Time to try again soon...

So, the melon sorbet. T liked it. Said it was very melony. Wasn't sure about the texture. Whereas I quite liked the texture, but wasn't sure about the melony-ness :) He's got about a litre of the stuff to get through...

No comments: