Thursday 15 April 2010

57: Coffee and walnut cake, p355

Bad me - I forgot to post this one, just over a week before I went away. We had a cake sale at work in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care, and I made the coffee and walnut cake that kick started this challenge idea back in November last year. Bizarrely, I didn't get to try it... I put the cake up in our tearoom with everyone else's and dashed off to a lecture, and an hour later went back to slice it up into pieces so people could buy it slice by slice - but the whole cake had vanished! A week later I was chatting to a friend in another department and she said she'd dashed over to the cake sale and bought a whole cake to take back to the office for her team, and that it had been fabulous! It was mine! So at least I know it turned out okay - and I did get to try it last year when I made it, so think I can get away without having to make it again...

No comments: